It certainly has been a long year and a half here at the office. As you all have, I have been following the pandemic this summer and fall as businesses start to open up. My hope is that my office will re-open in early-to-mid November. That is, of course, dependent on how the next few weeks go. As demand for in-person therapy is still extremely low and due to COVID restrictions on business, the plan right now is as follows:
- I will be offering in-person appointments two days a week
- Appointments will be first-come, first-served
- Appointments will be only every-other hour
- When making requests through the client portal you will have to specify if you would like in-person or not for the appropriate slot
- Both you and I will need to be masked during the appointment
- All in-person clients will need to be fully vaccinated as well
- Of course, you are not required to do in-person slots if you do not wish to meet in person
When I start offering in-person slots, the available slots for in-person will be noted on TherapyPortal. I will always ask you when you schedule for one of those time slots if you would prefer in-person or not. If you do not schedule a slot as in-person and show up at the office instead, I will be unable to see you in-person.
There are of course, more facts about this transition. I will be providing more information about this as we get closer to November.